1K Blog Marathon: Day 49
Steve Jobs is one of my idol, in fact he is my hero in pursuing excellence in my field. Although he is not a programmer, what he speaks is definitely a big eye opener for me.
I’ve watched so many motivational videos, but this one, although not a motivational one, still enlightened me to think different. I want to share this to you folks, so you will also be affected by this mindset.
Disclaimer: I did not own this video, and I give full credits to the owner.
1. Marketing is about values – people won’t remember you unless you give them value.
2. Even great brands needs investment and caring – even Apple needs to retain its vitality.
3. Nike doesn’t talk about its product – they honor athletes, which clearly states what the company is about.
4. “Our customers want to know who is Apple and what is it that we stand for – where do we fit in this world?”
5. Apple’s core value: “We believe that people with passion can change the world for the better”.
6. “Those people that are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones that actually do.”
7. Things change, but values and core values should not change.
Being different doesn’t mean its a bad thing. Sometimes, pushing yourself to the limit, challenging the traditional habits can bear good fruit. Just don’t stop moving, keep jabbing. And make a dent in the universe!
“And that’s one blog, stay hungry!”
“Those people that are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones that actually do.”Steve Jobs